Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I Think about Today's Justice System

Today’s justice system has come a long way, but still has a long way to go. Most people don’t know that Crimes violate statutes, while Torts are against ones person, property, or reputation. Crimes fall into three groups: Treason, Felonies, and Misdemeanors. Torts are usually considered civil matters because they are things done against anothers person. I have personally experienced both sides of the spectrum, so my views might be one sided. However; this is about how I feel about justice system. I can sum it up in one word “corrupt”. In my opinion anything that is controlled by man can be manipulated and tipped to work in another’s favor. Meaning you or I can wield things in our favor if we know all the rules to the game, and if not; give them a real run for the money. The one with the most knowledge usually finds all the loop holes, because they know where to look.
Legislator passes laws all the time right under the general public noses, then "bam" a new law of the land needs to be enforced, and if you don’t comply off to the house of justice to answer for your crimes, oddly enough us as civilians have the power to change this, but usually find it to tedious to be part of the law making process, and trust the Politian’s we’ve elected to represent us. I suggest we as Americans start taking a closer look at what our elected officials and doing, and make sure there doing it on our behalf. Justice is a balancing act, and what makes sense in the past might not hold true today, I view the Justice system as machine that needs to be maintained and tuned up from time to time. So a fundamental knowledge would be a good skill to acquire.

2 comments:

  1. Good job at this, you really stayed on topic of what we talked about last week. I agree with what you are saying in your blog. Having been on the ropes myself, I can understand what your saying. Man is corrupt and plays on using his or her power and I do agree that we as citizens do have a say but I feel that not enough people are aware that we can really make the difference. I also agree that knowing people and knowing things does help you out if you get caught up on the wrong side of the justice system. All in all I would say that you did a good job at hitting the topic and I agree with everything you said in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely agree with your statements. "Legislator passes laws all the time right under the general public noses, then "bam" a new law of the land needs to be enforced, and if you don’t comply off to the house of justice to answer for your crimes, oddly enough us as civilians have the power to change this, but usually find it to tedious to be part of the law making process, and trust the Politian’s we’ve elected to represent us." With people's daily lives taking advantage of them, it is indeed a balancing act to maintain current events on our country. We rely on officials to represent us as a people and behind our back we are betrayed. For the safety of the people, and the laws that govern us; it would be in our most highest interests to stay up to date and realize who exactly we are electing. Most officials that are elected are no better than me or you. In my personal opinion, it's all a money game.

    ReplyDelete